What is UK Skilled Worker Visa?
A skilled worker visa is a type of visa that allows foreign workers to work and live in the UK. It is a popular option for qualified professionals looking to pursue career opportunities in the UK. This visa is known for attracting talented and experienced professionals from around the world who can contribute to the UK workforce in specialist fields. The Skilled Worker Visa is a type of work visa that allows skilled workers from outside the United Kingdom to live and work in the UK. It replaced the Tier 2 (General) Visa as part of the UK’s new points-based immigration system, which came into effect on December 1, 2020. The Skilled Worker Visa is designed to attract skilled individuals who can contribute to the UK’s economy and fill specific job shortages.
Eligibility and Requirements
To be eligible for a UK Skilled Worker Visa, applicants must meet certain criteria. First of all, they must have a valid job offer from an employer in the UK that has a sponsor’s licence. In addition, applicants must meet the necessary qualifications and experience required for the job in question. To secure a Skilled Worker visa, you will need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have a job offer from a UK employer
- Your employer must be on the list of licenced sponsors approved by the Home Office
- Your employer must have issued you with a valid “Certificate of Sponsorship”
- The job for which you are being employed must be on the list of eligible occupations
- You must meet the skill level requirement: at least equivalent to RQF level 3
- You must meet the minimum salary requirements: £26,200 per year
- You must meet the English language requirements
- You must have £1,270 in your bank account to show you can support yourself in the UK
UK Skilled Worker Visa Required Documents.
When applying for a UK Skilled Worker Visa, it is important to present the necessary documents. These documents usually include a valid passport, the job offer letter, qualifications, work experience and proof of sufficient financial support during your stay in the UK. It is important to ensure that all documents are correct and up to date to avoid delays or rejection of the visa application.
How to apply for a UK Skilled Worker Visa?
Once you have met all the requirements and collected the necessary documents, you can apply for a UK Skilled Worker Visa. Applications must normally be submitted online via the UK Home Office website. It is important to fill in the application correctly and carefully and attach all the necessary documents. There may be a visa fee payable and processing time may vary depending on individual circumstances.
The application steps are as follows:
- Check your eligibility for a Skilled Worker Visa
- Secure a job offer from a licensed sponsor in the UK
- Receive your Certificate of Sponsorship from your UK employer
- Prepare the documents you will need to prove your eligibility for a Skilled Worker visa
- Complete the online application form – The form you will need to complete depends on if you are applying from outside the UK, or switching from a different visa within the UK.
- Pay the application fee, biometric fee, and healthcare surcharge.
- Upload any documents required to support your application.
- Arrange a biometric appointment to have your fingerprints and photo taken.
Skilled Worker Visa to ILR
One of the benefits of a UK Skilled Worker Visa is the opportunity to obtain Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), also known as permanent residence after 5 years. To do so, you must meet the continuous residence requirement, meaning that you must not have been outside of the UK for more than 180 days in any of the 5 years.
We are based in Plumstead, Gillingham, Maidstone and Coventry. Please free to contact us today.
If you want to know about ILR obtaining under 10 years route than click link https://www.gordonandthompson.com/ilr-under-10-years-route/