What you need to do if you are involved in a car accident 

If you are involved in a road traffic accident, you tend to focus on how to get home or to the hospital and forget other equally important things. If you think of making a claim for compensation, you need to do the following: 

  • Go to the accident and emergency department near you or to your GP if needed straightaway. They will be able to treat you and keep records of your attendance.
  • Inform the police immediately of the accident and give them details of the incident. You may need to get a copy of the police report that will be helpful for your claim. 
  • It is important that you keep records of the incident, including taking photographs of the accident, your injuries, damages to the cars or motorcycles, damages to your property or other people’s property. 
  • Exchange details with other people who are involved in the accident or who witnessed the accident. 

This site is using SEO Baclinks plugin created by Locco.Ro

Related Posts

  • 10000
    Have you suffered a personal injury at work? Gordon and Thompson Solicitors can help you with your claim if you have been injured at work and claim the compensation your deserve. Our solicitors, caseworkers and barristers offer advice and legal representation and can support you the way through your claim…
  • 10000
    We subscribe to the guidelines of the Personal Injury Lawyers.
  • 10000
    Road traffic accidents Solicitors Have you been injured in a road traffic accident? If yes, you can claim compensation for injuries suffered as a result of the road traffic accident if the accident was caused by the fault or negligence of another person I.e. another motorist, a driver in a car,…
  • 10000
    Gordon and Thompson Solicitors are here to help if you suffered injury caused by someone else’s negligence. Generally we offer a no win no fee advice and representation if you are a victim of injury inflicted by others. We will offer professional advice. You can contact one of our personal…