What you need to do if you are involved in a car accident
If you are involved in a road traffic accident, you tend to focus on how to get home or to the hospital and forget other equally important things. If you think of making a claim for compensation, you need to do the following:
- Go to the accident and emergency department near you or to your GP if needed straightaway. They will be able to treat you and keep records of your attendance.
- Inform the police immediately of the accident and give them details of the incident. You may need to get a copy of the police report that will be helpful for your claim.
- It is important that you keep records of the incident, including taking photographs of the accident, your injuries, damages to the cars or motorcycles, damages to your property or other people’s property.
- Exchange details with other people who are involved in the accident or who witnessed the accident.
- 10000Have you suffered a personal injury at work? Gordon and Thompson Solicitors can help you with your claim if you have been injured at work and claim the compensation your deserve. Our solicitors, caseworkers and barristers offer advice and legal representation and can support you the way through your claim…